Health Benefits to Playing Tennis
In honor of the Connecticut Open starting this weekend in New Haven, from the British Journal of Sports Medicine, some of the many health benefits of playing tennis include:
• increased brain power (alertness and tactical thinking)
• reduced stress
• better agility, balance, coordination, and reaction time
• lower body fat
• greater strength and aerobic fitness
• reduced risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality.
• increased bone mineral density and bone mineral content of the playing arm, lumbar spine, and legs
So go grab your racket and hit the courts, then go and watch the pros this weekend!